Recent Works & Screenings
H.O.M.E: (dir. Maldonado, 75min, 2015-16)
Music and sound design composed for the debut feature film from writer/director and collaborator Daniel Maldonado, H.O.M.E. is a meditation on urban communication, alienation, and serendipitous encounters seen through the lens of a disconnected city in constant motion. Two paths across a city where everyone wants to find their own unique way home.
In Spanish, Chinese, and English, subtitled. 2016; 72 min.
- Winner, Best Feature Film, Queens World Film Festival
- Selection, Manhattan Film Festival
- Selection, San Francisco Latino Film Festival
- Selection, Tulipanes Film Festival, Holland, Michigan
- Selection, San Antonio Film Festival
- Selection, New Jersey Film Festival
- Selection, Cine las Americas, Austin
- Selection, Dallas International Film Festival
- Premiere, Queens World Film Festival, NY
- Preview, FICG Festival Internacional de Cine, Guadalajara, Mexico
Episode #21: Hidden (Maldonado, 11min)
An audiovisual ascent to a veiled landscape that constantly shifts between light and shadow, emergence and deformation, repose and departure. Obscured shapes of sound morph across environments while astronauts emerge with amputees in abandoned religious theme parks.
Commissioned for the occasion of the 2009 MATA Festival in NYC, Episode 21 lives in the space between semiotics and perception. It also seeks to push the boundaries of dimensional phenomena through disparate worlds and hyperreal contexts.
- Rome Media Art Festival, Rome, Italy
- Festival International Musica Experimental, São Paulo, BR
- Echofluxx 16, Prague, Czech Republic
- Art Basil Festival, Miami, FL
- Commission, Premiere: Music at the Anthology, NYC
Episode #22: Miss_ng (Maldonado, 10min)
A saturated and disintegrating nightmare where voids provide glimpses into disparate worlds.
- Premiere, Visiones Sonoras, Morelia, Mexico
- South Bronx Film Festival, NYC
- Sonic Circuits Festival, DC
- FILE Festival, Gallery at FIESP, São Paulo , BR
- Qubit Noise Festival, NYC